Red Apple Cinnamon Pancakes - Jamie Oliver

 I am submitting this to Go Ahead Honey, it's Gluten Free.  The theme this month is Brunch.  I love the topic as those of you who link up at Let's Do Brunch, at My Sweet and Savory might guess.  I could eat brunch three times a day.


This week's host is Maggie from She Let Them Eat Cake.  Check out her blog.  It is fantastic.  Check out the chocolate peanut bars.  Oh my.






 
Yesterday was a busy day.  I ran around for most of it, ending with a food shopping.  I came home and needed a quick fix for hungry hubby and myself.  Pancakes sounded perfect so I made these apple-cinnamon pancakes.

In this recipe, you are supposed to shred the apples but we like chunks in our pancakes and we like them warm and raw.  Nothing like apples in their purest state.  As a result, my pancakes are quite bumpy and lumpy.

Red Apple Cinnamon Pancakes   adapted from Jamie Oliver

Ingredients:

2 red apples
2 eggs
2 cups gluten free brown rice flour mixture
2 heaping tablespoons of granulated sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
pinch salt
Canola oil, as needed
 

Method:

Peel and roughly chop apples.  Place in medium mixing bowl.

Add 2 eggs, cinnamon, flour, salt, sugar and milk


Using hand beater, mix until smooth.

Heat a heavy pan until quite hot.  I threw a drop of water in to see if it spattered.  I used a large cast iron pan and it worked beautifully.  I need very little oil.

Add tablespoons of mix, cooking them until bubbles appear, then turn them over.

Serve with maple syrup.  I was thinking of making blueberry syrup to serve these with but I was rushing and tired and did not want the extra work.  I would do this in the future.

I would like to make this recipe with pears.

See those apple chunks.  If you prefer, you can dice or shred them.


Comments

  1. Bizzy, these really do look good. They are a perfect way to start the day. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost