Lemon Pasta with Norwegian Salmon




I am sorry, I have not been able to post, for the last three days.   Now that  the holiday is over, I hope to catch up and start posting daily and doing all the other fun activities like visiting your blogs and linking up.  I took this recipe from Chaya's Comfy Cook.  I remember, when I made this and how much we loved it.  I will have to make it again.  Right now, we are eating leftovers but I am sure, new food is on the horizon.

Lemon Pasta with Norwegian Salmon(adapted from Salmon in Seconds)

For salmon:
1 salmon fillet
2 teaspoons olive oil
1 teaspoon rice vinegar
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1 teaspoon fresh chives
salt and pepper to taste

For pasta:
8 ounces gluten-free pasta cooked according to package instructions
1 ounce goat cheese
1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped

Method:


In a large nonstick pan, heat olive oil on medium high heat. When oil shimmers, add salmon and cook for 4 minutes. Flip salmon and add garlic, rice vinegar, chives, lemon juice and zest and a pinch of salt and pepper to salmon fillet. Cook 4 more minutes and remove salmon from the pan. 


Add olive oil, tomatoes, and parsley to pan with 1 tablespoon of pasta water.


Boil pasta in salted water for 6 minutes or until al dente. Drain pasta and add to the pan with goat cheese. Toss gently until cheese has melted. Add salmon pieces to pasta and season with salt and pepper to taste before serving.
Eat and enjoy.



Comments

  1. I think it is a good way to bring back good food! Sometimes we need to repeat the ones we like! I know what you mean about catching up on blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post to come back with! I love salmon in my pasta dishes and this one looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have never made anything like this with Salmon in it. We love trying new recipes so I'll have to give this one a try. Can you recommend something I could use in place of the goat cheese that would be dairy free? I have never had goat cheese so I don't know what taste would be comparable.
    Thanks for participating this week on our recipe hop ☺ Appreciate your support and hope to see you back next week! I have left a reply to your comment regarding the badge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, the goat cheese sounds delicious in this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delicious pasta dish, love all the add on. Thanks for sharing with Hearth and soul blog hop.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Worth repeating, for sure. Creamy, lemony pasta sounds like a winner to me. Thanks for linking this with See Ya In the Gumbo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a delicious quick, easy and nutritious recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost