Microwave Chocolate Cake in a Mug

 Over time, I have made mug cakes in different flavors and with different ingredients. Each time, it has amazed me that the results are real cakes and good tasting ones.
 

My grandchildren had asked me to bake and I was prepared to make cupcakes with them so they could decorate them. It turned out, we had a great time, doing more than just making these cakes.

It all started when I was telling four of the children a story and they were sitting there mesmerized including the two year old. That is, until she decided, it was time to listen to her sing what she called her camp song. It turns out, the song is her sister's camp song. In the middle of my story (sob), she waltzed away from the table and started to sing with hand motions. We all cracked up. Then her sister got up and sang with her but the star was still the little one.


After we finished the story and the camp songs, we watched a video on how to make this mug cake and I apologize for losing the location of the You Tube video. The kids, who do not watch television or go on the Internet were fascinated and we ended up watching a few more cooking videos. The little one climbed up on my lap to watch and was attentive, the entire time.


We then went to imitate the video and made this cake. We had planned to frost it but it was eaten within a minute and there was nothing left to frost. The kids liked this recipe so I will give it a good grade.

I am giving you the correct recipe but I am missing the source. I found it elsewhere and it is linked to the title of the recipe below.

Microwave Chocolate Mug Cake


Ingredients:


 4 tablespoons AP flour ( this is not gluten-free)
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons baking cocoa
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 egg
3 tablespoons Rice Dream
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips 


Add dry ingredients to mug, & mix well .
Add egg & mix thoroughly.
Pour in the milk and oil and mix well.
Add chocolate chips and mix again.
Set mug in the microwave & cook for 2½ to 3 min at 1,000 watts. (mine too a little less so check at 2 minutes)
Cake will rise over the top of the mug!
Remove from microwave.
Allow cake to cool a little, then tip out onto a plate, if desired.
I sliced it laying down, lengthwise as in photo.



Linked to Gallery of Favorites      Scrumptious Sunday link party         Weekend Potluck      Friday Favorites    See Ya in the Gumbo       Mop it Up Mondays        Inspire Me Monday        Mealtime Monday

Comments

  1. I can just picture the kids gathered around you for story time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there. Would you like to link this in to Food on Friday: Chocolate? I am sure lots of people would be interested in it. Have a nice day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your grandkids sound beyond cute! I love mug cakes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks absolutely delicious! I have never tried a mug cake before!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wowwww I've never tasted microwave cake and I looooooove the idea:
    I definitely looks and sounds great so I must try it!
    Is there anything I can substitute the Rice Dream for (I don't even know what that is....)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Chaya - thanks so much for your reply!
    If Rice Dream is substitute more milk - them I have no problem. I usually use Vanilla soy milk for parve

    ReplyDelete
  7. You know, I have never made a mug cake! Where have I been?! I'm sold on the lack of dirty dishes alone. Ha!

    I can see why there was no time for frosting.

    Thanks for linking!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds like you all had a lovely time! What great memories you are making! I love the idea of this microwave mug cake. I have never tasted one, but the idea of delicious individual chocolate cakes in a hurry really does appeal to me!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost