Savory Crisp



First, I apologize for not posting my lunches for a  few days.  Today, I had leftovers so there is nothing to report.  I will  have to check back and see if I am missing something from last week.


This was a side dish, last night and it originally used yellow squash.  I used zucchini.  The biggest change, in the original recipe, from the Vegetarian Times, July 2012 is the crumb topping.  The crumbs, I made turned out to  be real crisp and crumbly and delicious.




Savory Crisp(adapted)


Ingredients:


- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup combination Tortilla chips and corn meal (For those who use real food, you do not need the Tortilla chips - use nuts in place of them)
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped
- 11b small zucchini, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup yellow pear tomatoes, halved
- 2 Tbsp shredded Parmesan cheese


Preheat oven to 400F.


In a small bowl, mix crumbs and parsley together. 


Heat olive oil in a skillet over low heat and add onion to skillet and sauté over medium-high heat until soft, about 7 minutes. Stir in zucchini and cook another 4 minutes. Stir in tomatoes and cook about 2 more minutes.

Transfer mixture to around baking dish. Sprinkle cheese on top and then evenly sprinkle breadcrumbs over everything. Bake 25-30 minutes until top is lightly browned. Serve hot.


This is a good way to get vegetables into you meals.  A savory crisp has an appeal of its own.


Linked to 

Hearth and Soul Hop     Slightly Indulgent Tuesday      Fat Tuesday         Naptime Creations Tasty Tuesday Link Party    Tasty Tuesdays   The Gathering Spot      Delicious Dishes      All My Bloggy Friends

Comments

  1. Oh, I got to try this! I bet the crunchy topping adds a nice texture to the summer veggies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks so good. What a great blog you have makes me hungry lol. If you have a min check out mine if you have not already :)

    www.thedailysmash101.blogspot.com

    have a great day

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost