Crispy Baked Sweet Potato Fries - SRC

Secret Recipe ClubIt seems like a long time since I posted for the Secret Recipe Club.  I enjoy it a great deal and when I don't have a blog to search through looking for my pick of a recipe, I am looking forward to my next assignment.

A special thank you to Suzanne, leader of Team B.  I can't imagine the logistics that go into scheduling our secret recipe blogs.

This month, lucky me got Amy's Cooking Adventures.  Yes, Amy has wonderful recipes but  I am in love with are her two adorable sons.  It must be a delight to cook for these two darlings.

Amy, like me, did not have extensive experience cooking in the kitchen, as a child and in fact, she was already a Mom before she discovered her desire to make healthier and more appealing food, for the family.  If you visit, you will tell by her photos, she has accomplished this.

I selected her Crispy Baked Sweet Potato Fries.  I had difficulty making the crust and that may be because I had to sub in sweet potato chip crumbs for the breading.  The photo may not look beautiful but I can tell you that the baked fries are delicious and a real treat.  Check Amy's blog for a much better photo - the way they are supposed to look. Thanks Amy!



Crispy Sweet Potato Fries (adapted)
An Amy Original

Ingredients:


4 medium sweet potatoes, cut into sticks
2 eggs, beaten
1 tablespoon water
½ cup sweet potato chip crumbs
2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
¼ teaspoon black pepper
2 teaspoons olive oil



Method:

Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Spray a rimmed cookie sheet with cooking spray.

In a shallow bowl, whisk together egg and water.

In another shallow bowl, stir together sweet potato chip crumbs, parmesan, cayenne,  & black pepper.

Dredge the cut sweet potatoes through the egg mixture. Allow the excess to drip off, then add to the crumb mixture, turning until completely coated. Place the coated fries in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Spray with olive oil.

Bake for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally, until fries are browned and crisp.


Eat and enjoy.  Check out our other secret recipe participants below.    Linked to See Ya in the Gumbo.


Comments

  1. Will have to try these. We love sweet potato fries but my one attempt to make them was a flop. These however look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love sweet potato fries - the addition of the crust is something I havent tried. I bet it tastes great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Chaya,
    We just love Sweet Potatoes and your Crispy Baked Sweet Potato Fries look awesome, can't wait to try these. This is a great recipe for the SRC and thanks for sharing.
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love sweet potato fries, and this looks like a super fun and tasty variation. Very cool choice!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh these look delicious. Fun SRC recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anything with sweet-potato is for me!!
    I'd love to eat these fried any time

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like baked sweet potato fries, but I can't ever seem to get them crispy. Will have to try them this way. Thanks for sharing with See Ya in the Gumbo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love sweet potato fries and just recently heard about the idea of breading them in chips before baking. Can't wait to try!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost