Sausage Rolls - Donna Hay

I am late posting, this week, because I cooked my Donna Hay recipe tonight rather than on Tuesday.  I started off planning to be a purist and make the recipe for Sausage Rolls as Donna wrote it.  I ran into the problem that Hubby could not eat this week's dish because it was not gluten-free and I was not prepared to make my own puff pastry.

I came up with a different recipe for him and used his filling with my sausage for our rolls.  I am sure, I have confused you thoroughly, by now.

I had planned to cut the recipe and use only one sausage rather than 2 full pounds until I decided to use some leftover chicken and make hubby turkey-mashed potato pancakes.  Instead of strictly following Donna, I took the chicken filling and added some of the ingredients from the sausage recipe which resulted in a turkey-sausage filled roll.  Actually, it ended in three filled rolls that were delicious and which I plan to have for lunch, tomorrow.

Please do check out the other Donna Hay fans and see how their sausage rolls turned out. 


 Gaye, MargaretSarah and Kayte

Linked to See Ya in the Gumbo     Simple Supper Tuesday      Full Plate Thursday      Foodie Friday

Comments

  1. I think your sausage rolls turned out great, and kudos for modifying the recipe for hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good, Chaya! Of course I can't resist puff pastry.
    Thank you for linking this week. I apologize for taking so long to stop by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Chaya,
    Your Sausage Rolls look delicious, they would be wonderful for holiday parties! Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and have a great week!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sausage rolls sound fantastic.. my family would love these. Thanks so much for sharing them with us on foodie friday.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost