Spinach and Feta Pie - Donna Hay


This week, at WWDH, we are making this delicious "pie" with fresh spinach, onions, eggs, seasonings and of course a crust.   As you may have noticed, I adjust recipes to what I have at hand. 

 Actually, I went to the store to get phyllo dough and they were out and that leaves me without the necessary dough.It is rare when I don't have puffed pastry on hand so that became the new dough.  Instead of layering like with phyllo, I rolled it out and fit it to a baking pan.  The sides were really too high but that did not affect the taste.


I did add a little garlic to the recipe and cut out the salt.  I did use dill and black pepper.  I had no fresh spinach but I did have frozen so I squeezed out the water and used it instead.


To top off everything, I took the feta out of the refrigerator to find that it had expired at the beginning of September.  Now what?  That was easy.  I used the same amount of goat cheese which I microwaved to soften it before mixing it with the other ingredients.


This  is another easy Donna Hay recipe.  Mix your ingredients and plop them into the crust.  Bake and eat.


My word on this recipe is SCRUMPTIOUS.



******Please check out our other members and see what they have made this week.  Gaye, Margaret, Sarah and Kayte.*********


Thumbs Up is a great group that selects an ingredient each month and bloggers link up recipes using this ingredient.  This month, the ingredient is cheese and I love cheese so I have started with this Spinach and Feta Pie which is yummy.  This group is staffed by these great people  Zoe of Bake For Happy Kids and Doreen of My Little Favourite DIY, hosted by Alice of I Love.I Cook.I Bake.  Stop over and take a peek.


Comments

  1. I think it looks great with these high sides!
    And I love spinach and feta-cheese together

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Chaya,
    Lovely pie! I have not baked with feta before.
    Happy New Year and A Wonderful 2014!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your high sided, puff pastry pie. It looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. thks for linking this up at LTU cheese
    the pie looks fantastic and I'm sure it tasted awesome! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy 2014, Chaya!

    I love spinach cheesy pie and this looks very yummy!

    Zoe

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost