Asian Slaw with Ginger Peanut Dressing




For the holiday, I made a Thai salad but didn't take a picture of it.  Since I still had slaw left, I decided to find a similar recipe and make it.  We liked the first and I think this one is even better.  The difference is the peanut butter.  I think nut butters make all the difference, no matter how little you put into the dish.

My favorite part of using peanut butter in a recipe is the spoonful I get to indulge on.  Yummy.


Asian Slaw with Ginger-Peanut Dressing  adapted  from Once Upon a Chef



Ingredients:


For the Dressing

1/4 cup honey

1/4 cup olive oil

1/4 cup unseasoned rice vinegar

1 tablespoon soy sauce

1 teaspoon Asian sesame oil

1 tablespoon peanut butter 
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger

For the Slaw
4 cups prepared shredded coleslaw
2 cups prepared shredded carrots
1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced into bite-sized pieces
2 medium scallions, finely sliced
1/2 cup chopped salted peanuts
1/2 cup loosely packed chopped fresh cilantro

Method:

Make the dressing by combining all of the ingredients in a medium bowl. Stir until the peanut butter is dissolved. Set aside. (I put the ingredients in my mini food processor and swirled it for a few seconds.  That worked and it was smooth.)

Combine all of the slaw ingredients in a large bowl. Add the dressing and toss well. Let sit at least ten minutes so vegetables have a chance to soak up the dressing. Taste and adjust seasoning if necessary Serve cold.

Linked to See Ya in the Gumbo      Real Food Roundup        What'd You Do This Weekend        In and Out of the Kitchen    Two Cup Tuesday        Foodie Friday Friends

Comments

  1. Chaya,
    What a beautiful colorful salad, and I especially love the ginger peanut dressing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds so delicious! Flavorful and fresh. :)

    Found your great blog through Cara's Cravings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chaya, you are funny! I feel the same way about using peanut butter! Ginger and peanut dressing sounds delicious! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Asian slaw is one of my favorites. I will have to try your recipe. Thanks for sharing on Foodie Friends Friday.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost