Double Sesame Broccoli


Broccoli is a favorite food in our home. It is rewarding to eat food, we enjoy and know we are getting health benefits from it. It is high in fiber, calcium rich and has Vitamins A and C. It is a fighter of cancer and other health hazards. It seems to me that the vegetables from the cabbage family such as broccoli, cauliflower, bok choy are quite a variety and from all of these, broccoli wins in the benefits department.

Broccoli is another versatile vegetable. Broccoli does beautifully in a stir fry. It is delicious plain or with a little garlic and butter. I make a kugel out of it, sometimes mixing in cauliflower. I think broccoli is pretty and I love to steam it and add it to a salad. I make a mean broccoli cheese soup.

I decided to make it simple although, just his week, I used broccoli in a number of dishes including a pasta dish, a salad and a stir fry. There is something about roasting vegetables that make them better than with any sauce.

Double Sesame Broccoli 


Ingredients:

2 - 3 cups broccoli florets
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon sesame oil
2 teaspoons soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1 pinch sugar
1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon sesame seeds

Method:

Preheat oven to 500 degrees.
Cut broccoli bunch in half lengthwise.

Toss with olive oil and place on cookie sheet.

Cook broccoli in oven turning occasionally with tongs - 10 to 12 minutes

Dressing: While broccoli is roasting place lemon juice, sesame oil, soy sauce, ginger, sugar and oil in a blender or small food processor. 

Blend until smooth.
When the broccoli has finished roasting, transfer to a serving dish and pour the dressing over the broccoli. Sprinkle sesame seeds on top.

The beauty of this dish is that you can serve it with anything. Salmon, chicken or tofu would pair beautifully with the broccoli.


Linked to: Treasure Box Tuesday     Two Cup Tuesday     In and Out of the Kitchen      Tuesday’s Table Fat Tuesday      Hearth and Soul Hop     Gluten Free & DIY Tuesdays     Simple Supper      Tuesday See Ya at the Gumbo      Fresh Foods Wednesdays     What's Cooking Wednesday     Wonderfully Creative Wednesdays     Allergy Free Wednesday     Waste Not Want Not Wednesday     Whimsy Wednesday      Creative Munster       Weekend Bloggy Reading  

Comments

  1. Chaya,
    I think I'll roast up some of your herbed tomato slices from last week and in a different tray some of this broccoli. My husbands LOVES the taste of sesame oil!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We eat broccoli often and I'm always looking for a new way to make it. I like that sesame oil is included. When I buy a bottle I usually only need a little (since it goes a long way). Then I end up with so much left and no ideas for using it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also plan to start eating right, because my body is weakened and I get sick all the time and I get sick because of this. Who can suggest a good remedy?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost