Leek and Onion Mashed Potatoes


This is pure indulgence.  Mashed potatoes with the works.  This is not for a diet and I don't suggest having something this "naughty" often.  For the holidays, indulgence is a little bit of the whole.  It is my time to bake and cook what I don't usually make.  All I can say is that these potatoes are yummy.

Onion and Leek Mashed Potatoes  (no dairy)

Ingredients:

5 pound(s)  potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
3 large leeks, chopped
1/2 stick margarine (1/4 cup)
1 3/4 cup(s) Rice Milk, warmed
1 container(s) (8 ounces) Tofutti sour cream

Method:

In 6-quart saucepan, place potatoes, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, and enough water to cover potatoes. Set aside.

In nonstick 12-inch skillet, melt margarine over medium heat. 

Add leeks and onions and cook 20 minutes or until golden, stirring occasionally. 

Meanwhile, heat saucepot of potatoes to boiling over high heat.

 Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 10 to 12 minutes or until potatoes are very tender.

 Drain.

In saucepan, with potato masher, mash potatoes until smooth. 

Stir in Rice milk, sour cream, chives, leek mixture,  

Eat and enjoy!

Comments

  1. Thanks for coming and linking up at The Weekend Social. Please be sure to come back next week starting Thursdays at 9PM EST The Midnight Baker ! I hope to see you there!
    Judy@ http://www.bakeatmidnite.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmm, I just bought some Leeks today for another recipe, but I have some extra. I'm going to try this for sure! Thanks for sharing on Weekend Bites

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these Mashed Potatoes. Thanks so much for sharing your awesome post with Full Plate Thursday and have a fabulous day!
    Hope to see you soon,
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Never tried leeks and onions... two favorites. Thanks for bringing it by Weekend Bites.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost