Potato, Zucchini, Goat Cheese and Cheddar Gratin

POTATO------I love potatoes.   To me, potato is the ultimate comfort food.  Bake it, boil it, fry it, grill it, all are wonderful.  I had to make this recipe and of course, I love the dish.  Oh yes, I love goat cheese too.

Potato, Zucchini, Goat Cheese and Cheddar Gratin

Ingredients:

1 medium zucchini, sliced thin

4 medium potatoes, sliced thin

1 red onion, sliced thin

1 tablespoon olive oil

4 ounces plain goat cheese
2/3 cup white cheddar cheese
1/2 cup Italian Dressing

Method:

Preheat oven to 400°F.



Pour olive oil in a casserole dish and spread to cover bottom.


Layer potato, zucchini, red onion, goat cheese. Pour half of the dressing over this.

Repeat layer.

I had enough for a third layer of potatoes so put on another layer and cover that with Cheddar.

Bake for 30 minutes. 

Cover and bake for another 15-20 minutes.

Comments

  1. I love potatoes too and they are such comfort food, but I find I need to eat lower in carbs . I could try this recipe using cauliflower instead of the potato. Most of the time it works just as well .It looks really delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea to up the flavor factor and lower the cals by using Zucchini in your dish. YUM. Thanks for sharing at #theWeekendSocial. Pinned. See you Thursday, I hope! ;) http://www.theKitchenChopper.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds fabulous - can't wait to try it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost