Cauliflower Tabouli


Cauliflower Tabouli

I made this the first time for a picnic and it wowed everyone so this time, I am making it for just the familly.  I have always liked cauliflower but since we discovered popcorn cauliflower, I like it that much more.

This is a Tabbouleh (Arabic: تبولة‎ tabūlah; also tabouleh or tab(b)ouli) is a Levantine Arab salad traditionally made of bulgur, tomato,and finely chopped parsley and mint, often including onion and garlic, seasoned with olive oil, lemon juice and salt.] Traditionally served as part of a mezze in the Arab world, it was adopted by Cypriots, variations of it are made by Turks and Armenians, and it has become a popular ethnic food in the United States.” Wikipedia

My first problem was — how to spell tabbouleh. Fortunately, I found several ways so if I make a mistake, just assume, I did in purposely. This reminds me of a girl who had great difficult spelling. One day, she spelled the same word, in a piece of writing, 4 different ways. I decided to discuss it with her. I pointed out her four different spellings. She happily smiled and told me, “I figured if I spell it in different ways, at least one of them would be right.” It didn’t work for her. Not one of the words was correct. This girl was extremely bright and I am sharing this to disprove any thinking that weak spellers are poor students. This woman is now a teacher and doing beautifully.  She checks many of her words for spelling though.  Be thankful for Word Check.

Ingredients:

1 large bag frozen cauliflower or 1 whole cauliflower
2 tablespoons fresh parsley
1/2 red onion, diced
20 cherry tomatoes, chopped
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/8 cup fresh lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
1/4 teaspoon ground pepper, or to taste
Cut the cauliflower to remove the stem and the chop into pieces small enough to fit into your food processor.

Method:


Place the cauliflower, parsley, onion and garlic in a food processor. 

Pulse until the cauliflower pieces are the size of a grain (like bulgur).

Place the mixture in a large bowl.

Add the remaining ingredients and toss to mix. Serve chilled or room temperature. 

Eat and enjoy.

Linked to        Foodie Friday     Weekend Potluck      Weekend Social Link 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost