Pineapple Sweet Potato Mash




I go through cycles when I like savory sweet potato dishes and other times when I live sweet "sweet" potato dishes.  I guess now is a sweet one because I made these and love them.  I used pineapple instead of the orange recommended by Rachel.  The reason is simple.  I had an open jar of pineapple preserves.  Another example of what is in the refrigerator or cupboard dictating what we eat.  It does work out well.


Pineapple Sweet Potato Mash  (adapted from Rachel Ray

Ingredients:

2 1/2 - 3 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
1/2 - 3/4 cup  vegetable broth
1/4 - 1/2 cup pineapple preserves
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 tablespoons thyme, 

Method:

Place the sweet potatoes in a large pot and cover with cold water by at least an inch.

Place over medium-high heat and bring to a boil.

Turn the heat down to a simmer and cook for about 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender and pierce easily with a fork.

Remove water from the pot and return sweet potatoes.

Start to mash the potatoes with a potato masher or a wooden spoon, then and add the chicken stock, preserves, cinnamon, nutmeg, thyme.

Linked to: Foodie Friday with the Seaman Mom    Foodie Friends Friday    The Weekend Social

Comments

  1. Love pineapples in savory meals, it's so delicious and exotic.

    Deep house cleaning Wimbledon

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmm.... delicious!
    kindly follow my blog back
    New post now on blog
    http://dimplekhadi.blogspot.com/2015/02/review-beddinginn.html

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost