Apple Kasha Muffins


This morning, my husband asked me to make a dinner from kasha.  Of course, the first recipe, I came across that I liked, was muffins so before I thought about dinner, I made these.  Using a fine ground kasha made the texture no different from regular flour muffins.  The spices gave it life and it turned out to be an enjoyable muffin.

Then came the time to figure out dinner and I found a recipe on the kasha box for a kasha chili which we are having during the week and which I will post.  I made it ahead of time and took a taste and I think, it is going to be good.

Apple Kasha Muffins    adapted from Recipe.Com         

Ingredients :

1 cup orange juice 
3/4 cup finely ground roasted (kasha) 
1 egg 
1/4 cup oil 
1 1/2 cups gluten-free flour 
1/3 cup packed brown sugar 
2 teaspoons baking powder 
1/2 teaspoon baking soda 
1/2 teaspoon salt 
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon 
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger 
1 cup finely chopped, peeled apple 

Method:

Line 2 1/2-inch muffin pans with paper bake cups. 

In a mixing bowl pour the juice over the kasha (buckwheat groat)s. Let stand 5 minutes.

Add egg and cooking oil to kasha; mix well. 

Stir together flour, brown sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and ginger. 

Add to buckwheat mixture, stirring just until moistened. 

Fold in finely chopped apple.

Fill prepared muffin cups 2/3 full. 

Bake in a 400 degree F oven for 20 to 23 minutes. 

Serve warm. Makes 12 plus a mini cake.

Eat and enjoy.

Linked to:    Treasure Box Tuesday    Hearth and Soul Hop     Tuesday’s Table            Fat Tuesday          Weekend Potluck        What'd You Do  This Weekend       Lou Lou Girls       Whimsy Wednesday             Waste Not Want Not Wednesday         Lou Lou Girls      Creative Munster                         What's Cooking Wednesday 

Comments

  1. I wasn't familiar with kasha, Chaya, but now I know what it is I can see why it would make such lovely muffins! They really sound terrific. Pinning! Thank you so much for being a part of the Hearth and Soul hop.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That looks incredible. I’m so impressed. Pinned and tweeted. We appreciate you stopping by to party with us. We hope to see you, tonight at 7 pm. Happy Monday! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost