Baked Tomato Slices


I had some beautiful tomatoes and knew if I didn't use them right away, they would not be so beautiful any more.  I needed a quick and easy dish to get them used up and still enjoy them.  I used to make something like this with Mozzarella and Parmesan but I was serving this with meat and could not have dairy products.

I threw this together and topped each one with less than a teaspoon of mayonnaise which looked like cheese, in the finished product.

Baked Tomato Slices

Ingredients :

4 large ripe tomatoes, sliced 1/4 inch thick
1/2 cup fresh gluten-free Panko crumbs
2 teaspoons parsley
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon olive oil
a few teapoons of mayo

Method:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. 

Cover a cookie sheet with parchment paper.

Place tomato slices close together in prepared baking dish. 

Sprinkle with bread crumbs, parsley, salt, pepper, and oregano.

 Cover each slice with less than a teaspoon of mayonnaise

Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven.

Eat and enjoy.

  Treasure Box Tuesday    Hearth and Soul Hop     Tuesday’s Table            Fat Tuesday          Weekend Potluck        What'd You Do  This Weekend         

Comments

  1. Baked tomato slices looks delicious, thanks for sharing with Hearth and soul blog hop, pinning.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost