Cauliflower Rice Stir Fry


I did make cauliflower rice once before and I remember it was good but it obviously did not make a strong impression, long term,  I ventured into it again, optimistic and excited, to find my hubby doesn't like cauliflower.  All these years and that never surfaced.  Perhaps, at times, he is overly polite but this time, he made himself clear and pushed the cauliflower rice to the side and left it there.

I am still glad that I made it and will make it for company in the future.  I made a version of fried rice, making a stir fry and adding pieces of eggs.  I loved it but I love cauliflower and often make it for myself for lunch and eat it with a little bit of butter and Parmesan.



Cauliflower "Rice" Stir Fry (adapted from Whole Living )

Ingredients:

3 cups cauliflower florets
2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 sliced red onion, divided
1/4 cup Vegetable Broth
1tablespoon minced fresh ginger
1 thinly sliced small red bell pepper
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
1 julienned large carrot
2 cups chopped broccoli florets
1 tablespoon soy sauce
one egg scrambled and broken into small pieces
salt to taste

Method:

Pulse cauliflower florets in a food processor until finely chopped.

Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over medium heat. 

Add 1/2 sliced red onion and cook, stirring, until tender, about 6 minutes. 

Add cauliflower and season with  salt. 

Stir in broth and steam, covered, until broth has evaporated and cauliflower is tender, about 6 minutes. 

Transfer to a bowl and cover.


Wipe pan and heat 1 Tbsp oil over medium-high heat. 

Add 1/2 sliced red onion and cook, stirring, until tender, about 5 minutes. 

Add broccoli florets, carrot, and bell pepper and cook, stirring, until tender, about 5 minutes. 

Remove from heat and add soy sauce.  Mix into cauliflower rice.

Add egg pieces and mix so they are throughout the rice mixture.

Eat and enjoy.

Linked to:  Treasure Box Tuesday    Hearth and Soul Hop     Tuesday’s Table            Fat Tuesday          Weekend Potluck        What'd You Do  This Weekend           

Comments

  1. OKAY LOVE this recipe, LOVE IT! Pinning it right now, sounds friggin' awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny, I'm the one who is not as keen on cauliflower in our house - my husband loves it! However when it's cooked in a recipe I usually really enjoy it. Love the sound of this Cauliflower Rice Stir Fry - it's healthy and delicious! Thank you for sharing it with us at the Hearth and Soul hop, Chaya.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost