Shells with Feta, Broccoli and Pecans

I love Nigella Lawson's style in writing.  She is homey and makes one feel like a friend.  She uses some of the cutest words and her books are fun to read without cooking although the cooking makes it all worthwhile.

Curly Pasta with Feta, Spinach, and Pine Nuts (adapted from Nigella Lawson)



Shells with Feta, Broccoli and Pecans

Ingredients:



1/4 cup pecans, rough chopped

2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 onion, sliced
1/2 pound short pasta like shells (mine are brown rice shells - gluten free)
1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
1 pound frozen chopped broccoli
3 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese

Method:


Heat water to boiling. Once it’s come to a boil add the pasta and cook until tender.


Toast the pecans in a dry pan over medium-low heat until they are golden brown. Set aside.

Heat the olive oil in large sauce pan and add the onion. Cook until the onion is tender.


Add the broccoli and continuously stir until the frozen broccoli heats up. Add the allspice.


Once the pasta is finished cooking, save a small amount of pasta water before draining and add to the broccoli mixture.


Add the feta to the spinach mixture and stir it around until the feta has melted. Then add the Parmesan cheese and continue to stir.


Add the drained pasta to the sauce and toss everything well to combine.


Serve warm and top with the toasted pecans.

Eat and enjoy. 

This is for Potluck Week at the I Heart Cooking Club.  There are many wonderful chefs to choose from and since I have not cooked anything from Nigella in a while, it was easy to choose her.


Linked to   Treasure Box Tuesday    Hearth and Soul Hop     Tuesday’s Table            Fat Tuesday          Weekend Potluck        What'd You Do  This Weekend              This is How We Roll      Foodie Friday        Foodie Friends Friday               Foodie Friday at Rattlebridge   

Comments

  1. I love the pecans in the recipe! Pecans are my favorite nut. The recipe looks beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Chaya- You won my heart with the pasta and feta cheese:) I've been craving a loaded pasta dish such as this, with veggies and cheese. There's something about this that is so comforting and satisfying. Looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Chaya,
    I agree with you about Nigella's writing styles...love her cute words and her recipes even more! This looks delicious, I have to try pecans with pasta the next time! Lovely potluck dish!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the two-cheese approach in this recipe. Sure this is a crowd pleaser.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't think I've tried broccoli, feta and pecans together in a pasta dish before, it sounds like a delicious combination! Thanks for sharing at What'd You Do This Weekend? I hope you will join us again this Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the idea of using the pecans. Sounds very tasty.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a fresh and lovely pasta dish--bring on the feta! ;-) I too am a fan of reading Nigella's books for fun as well as the wonderful recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I couldn't agree with you more about Nigella's writing - I think I have read every single word of How To Eat, and more than once at that!!

    This dish is a great choice - pasta and broccoli dishes are always popular in our house.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love this recipe, Chaya! The flavours all sound so lovely - especially with the tang of the Feta cheese. I adore pecans as well. Nigella Lawson is one of my favourite writers too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost