Kasha Chili


Earlier in the week, I mentioned hubby made the selections for this week.  Granted, he only asked me to make something with kasha but I am still giving him credit for this one.  I would never have gravitated to kasha and I ended making up delicious muffins and this chili.

I get the impression, many of you don't usually make kasha.  Take a chance and try it out.  It is particularly good with noodles.  



Kasha Chili  Adapted from Wolff's


Ingredients 

1 can diced tomatoes 
1 cup vegetable broth 
1 (14 1/2 oz.) can pinto beans 
1 tablespoon chili powder
 1 teaspoon paprika 
1 teaspoon minced garlic 
1 teaspoon cumin 
1/2 teaspoon ground oregano 
1/4 teaspoon pepper 
3/4 cup  Kasha (uncooked) 

Method:

 In large skillet: add tomatoes, broth and spices.

Bring to a light boil for 10 minutes. 

Add kasha and pinto beans, cover and reduce to a simmer. 

Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes or until kasha is tender. Serve hot

Eat and Enjoy.

Linked to:  Whimsy Wednesday             Waste Not Want Not Wednesday         Lou Lou Girls      Creative Munster                         What's Cooking Wednesday 

Comments

  1. Interesting recipe. You are right, I would never think of making kasha. My mother used to make it frequently as she and my father were from Eastern European decent. We ate it in the winter with noodles. It was good!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost