Mashed Potatoes with Spinach


One never needs an excuse to make mashed potatoes, the ultimate comfort food, in my opinion.  Adding spinach just makes it even more tempting.  Mashed potatoes goes with anything.

I remember as a child, when I didn't feel well, my mother made mashed potatoes and carrots.  For years, I say that I should make it and I don't.  I think, although I loved it, it brings back memories of being under the weather.


Mashed Potatoes and Spinach


Ingredients:



4 potatoes, peeled
1⁄2 cup sour cream
3 tablespoons  butter
1/2 teaspoon salt
1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
3 cups Baby Spinach 

Method:



Cut potatoes into quarters.

Cover potatoes with salted cold water by 1 inch in a large saucepan and simmer, uncovered, until tender, 15 - 20 minutes.

In a small saucepan place sour cream, butter and pepper and bring to a simmer.

Drain potatoes.

Mash potatoes.


Stir spinach into warm cream sauce,

Mash potatoes again with the cream sauce and spinach.

Eat and enjoy.

Linked to:     Treasure Box Tuesday    Hearth and Soul Hop     Tuesday’s Table            Fat Tuesday          Weekend Potluck        What'd You Do  This Weekend          Whimsy Wednesday             Waste Not Want Not Wednesday         Lou Lou Girls      Creative Munster                         What's Cooking Wednesday 

Comments

  1. A really neat idea of adding spinach in mashed potatoes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mother used to make mashed potatoes and spinach when I was little. It was such a comfort food. I still love it till today, but we always made ours parve!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great way to make mashed potatoes extra special - and extra healthy too, Chaya! I love the addition of the spinach! Thank you for sharing with us at the Hearth and Soul hop.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost