- Savory Carrot-Cashew Soup


The first time, I went through Ellie's book, "Weeknight Wonders", this soup was on my list of first choices for our cooking group, Eating with Ellie.  It sounded so right and so healthy.  Go to our site for more information.

This is a blended soup and mine was rather thick and lumpy.  I added some more broth but it remained thick.  I thought about it and this made it more into a meal than a course and I left it bumpy and lumpy.  It was not a mistake.  
It is another easy recipe. Toast the cashew, mix the ingredients, blend them together and cook them. Top with carrots and cashews. A snap.......

Sarah selected this soup for the group and I give three cheers for her good taste in soup.


Savory Carrot Cashew Soup is a soup, I think you would enjoy, so give it a try.

Whimsy Wednesday             Waste Not Want Not Wednesday         Lou Lou Girls      Creative Munster                         What's Cooking Wednesday 

     

Comments

  1. Looks good but it is hot here. Soup appeals more to me in the winter. It might be a southern thing? I bet it is good though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love soup all year round- especially savory carrot soups. The cashews add an interesting twist.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was really good, wasn't it? I was expecting it to taste like carrots the most but it tasted more like cashews and I love cashews! Definitely a keeper. All the seasonings added so much depth to the flavor. I got mine rather smooth with the blending but it was thick (and I did like that aspect actually). Looks good with the all the bigger bits in yours, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man, I used to be LIBERAL with my cashew noshing! LOVE those nuts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love this! Thanks for sharing it with us. Pinned and tweeted. I hope to see you tonight at 7 pm. We can’t wait to party with you! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost