Tomato Goat Cheese Pie


It is those two words that brought this pie into being, GOAT CHEESE.  I really do love it and find reasons to use it, whenever possible.


This got me wondering as to how you select recipes to make.  Do you use Cook Books, the Internet, family favorites, cooking magazines or your instincts?  What appeals to you most, a photo, the ingredients, what type of dish it is or any of the many reasons that we all  have?

A good photo will sell me but I am more attracted to those magic words like, goat cheese, cauliflower, onion, corn, soup, etc.  If it were up to me, it would cheese, every night.
Tomato Goat Cheese Pie

Ingredients 

1  9-inch pie crust
2  tomatoes, thinly sliced
1/2 teaspoons salt
1 tablespoon basil
6 ounces goat cheese
1/2 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup mayonnaise

Method:


Preheat oven to 425 degrees or temperature on package.


Bake crust in according to package instructions.

Cool completely.

Reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F.

Arrange 1 layer of tomato slices around the bottom of the  pie crust, overlapping the slices. 

Sprinkle half the basil onto tomato layer. 

Sprinkle half the Cheddar cheese and half the mozzarella cheese over basil layer. 

Slice goat cheese into 1/4 inch rounds and place on top of the previous layer.

Repeat layering with remaining tomatoes, garlic, basil, Cheddar cheese, and mozzarella cheese. 

Spread mayonnaise over the top  layer.

Bake in the preheated oven until cheese is melted and bubbling, about 30 minutes. 

Eat and enjoy.

Linked to:     Treasure Box Tuesday    Hearth and Soul Hop     Tuesday’s Table            Fat Tuesday          Weekend Potluck        What'd You Do  This Weekend       Lou Lou Girls




Comments

  1. So many cheeses! I'm sure it's absolutely delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I absolutely love goat cheese and tomatoes, put them together in a pie, and I'm in heaven, this sounds incredible! Thanks for sharing at What'd You Do This Weekend? I hope you will join us again this Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. In terms of selecting recipes to cook, I do a bit of everything. I create my own as well as cook from cookbooks, magazines and the internet too. I'm also a big fan of old family recipes. Your Tomato Goat Cheese Pie looks delicious - thank you for sharing the recipe with us at the Hearth and Soul hop.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost