Cucumber Salad with Chrystallized Ginger

The photo is without the dressing.
I bought crystallized ginger for a specific recipe.  I remember being pleased with the results and wondered why it took me so long to add this to my cupboard.  Unfortunately, I forgot about the ginger and have not used it enough.  When I made this salad which called for raisins, I decided that the crystallized ginger could only make it better.  Success.

In the past, I have found cucumber salad can get very boring and I have tried different dressings to make it more interesting.  The little bit of ginger made a difference and next time, I would like to add a little bit more.

Cucumber Salad with Crystallized Ginger

Ingredients:

4 Persian Cucumbers, thin sliced
1 small red onion, thin sliced
handful of yellow raisins
1/4 cup chopped crystallized ginger

Dressing:
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2  cup apple cider vinegar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon sugar
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 teaspoon dried dill

Method:

Combine cucumbers, red onion, raisins and ginger.

Add dressing of the ingredients mixed together.

Chill before serving.



Eat and enjoy.

 Lou Lou Girls              Treasure Box Tuesday    Hearth and Soul Hop     Tuesday’s Table            Fat Tuesday          Weekend Potluck        What'd You Do  This Weekend           Whimsy Wednesday             Waste Not Want Not Wednesday             Creative Munster                         What's Cooking Wednesday 

Comments

  1. Wow! now this caught my attention. Really different with the ginger. Looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love crystallised ginger, Chaya, but I have only used it in sweet things. What a great idea to use it in this delicious salad. It sounds perfect for summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. cucumber salad with crystallized ginger sounds delicious thanks for sharing with Hearth and soul blog hop,. pinning and tweeting

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love this! Pinned and tweeted. Thank you so much for bringing such a masterpiece to our party. I hope to see you tonight at 7 pm. We can’t wait to party with you! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  5. As I was scrolling the picture started to appear and it looked like a lovely water color. What a great thing. Salad looks really good.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are a part of making my day bright and shiny. I value your advice, criticism and viewpoints.

Popular posts from this blog

Thai Chicken San Choy Bau

Brussels Sprouts - Power Food - Re-post

Carrot Cake _ Power Food - repost